What are some best practices for composting?
- Use a two-bin system
- Choose an inside bin that is not airtight
- Use compostable liners
- Use a rubber band to keep your liners from falling in your bin
- Allow wet compostables such as coffee grounds, and tea bags to dry out in open air before putting them in your bin
- Keep meat, seafood, dairy, oils/fats, and already spoiled/rotten good in your freezer/fridge until the day before your pickup, then wrap them up in some liquid absorbing material such as paper towels, newspapers, etc.
- When you have too much, make sure to use your own bins/bags to collect overflow. Be aware of any pests.